Roadmap to Return
We're on the Roadmap to Return and, with a following wind, life can get back to normal. Let's keep going ...
Find out what the roadmap means in Adur and Worthing, how we're supporting businesses, leisure operators and retailers to restart ready for the summer months, and how we can work together to keep Adur and Worthing safe.
Follow the hashtags #RoadmapAW and #LetsKeepGoing to get local updates on social media.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy outdoor sport and leisure in Adur and Worthing:
Sign up for an Active Parks course
Need some encouragement to get back into exercise?
We've teamed up with Activ8 to deliver a series of outdoor courses to help you get back into exercise as we move out of lockdown. Suitable for all ages (18+), the eight-week courses are available at 18 parks across Adur and Worthing. Run as small groups (maximum of five participants + instructor), the courses form part of the Get Active initiative, which means that you pay just £10, refundable if you complete at least six out of the eight classes.
To find out more and sign up see:
Find an outdoor gym
A number of our parks have outdoor gym equipment which you can use for free to exercise in the open air. Find out where the outdoor gyms are and get some top tips about how to use the equipment at:
Book a tennis court
If you fancy a game of tennis, there are a number of outdoor tennis courts available to hire at our local parks or through South Downs Leisure, see:
- Buckingham Park, Shoreham
- Church House Grounds, Worthing
- Field Place Park, Worthing
- Homefield Park, Worthing
- Tennis - on the South Downs Leisure Centres website
Take a walk
There's plenty of parks and open spaces to enjoy a walk in Adur and Worthing. Find out more about the open spaces you can enjoy locally:
You can also find out about:
Hire a bike
If you enjoy cycling but don't have a bike, you can hire one on Worthing seafront. All you need is a smart phone to download the Donkey Republic app, hire your bike and then away you go:
There are things we can all do to help keep Adur and Worthing safe ...
What we're doing to keep you safe:
- we're working with businesses in Adur and Worthing to support the to re-open safely
- we're introducing new signs in our town centres to encourage social distancing
- we've introduced one-way system in place on Worthing Pier to enable you to enjoy it safely
- we're introducing town centre marshalls to help keep our streets safe at night when bars and restaurants reopen
- we're reminding residents of the need to observe social distancing measures and wear a facemask so that we can successfully move out of lockdown
What you can do to keep Adur and Worthing safe:
- Wear a facemask, unless you are medically exempt from doing so
- Use hand sanitiser regularly
- Remember to keep social distancing
- Consider visiting the town centre or the promenade at less busy times of the day
Even if you have been vaccinated, there's still a chance that you might still get or spread COVID-19. This means it's important to:
- Continue to follow social distancing guidance (NHS website)
- If you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth in places where it's hard to stay away from other people
For the latest information, advice and guidance please see:
- GOV.UK website for latest advice from the government and full national lockdown details
- NHS website for health advice and information
- WSCC website for local advice and information
- NHS website for information about the vaccine
Page last updated: 08 April 2021