Permits and waiting lists
Residents' and non-residents' parking permits:
Visitors' parking permits:
Other parking permits:
There are two car parks with dedicated residents' parking available in Adur, both in Shoreham-by-Sea:
- Beach Green car park (Houseboat owners only): £130 per year
- 60 Brighton Road (A259): £100 per year
Please contact the Parking Shop for details.
In Worthing a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) operates. This means in some areas of Worthing, a parking permit is required to park on roads within the CPZ. To find out if the CPZ operates on the road you wish to park in, please check the roadside signs which will show you which part of the CPZ (if any) the road is in. Alternatively please look for your road in this zone plan:
The CPZ signs look like this:
Worthing Inner Zone CPZ signs - Zones A to C
Worthing Outer Zone CPZ signs - Zones D to N
To find out how Residents' Parking Schemes work, please visit:
Once you have found which zone the road is in, you can check the current resident and non-resident permit price list:
Notices of Variation:
If there are any Notices of Variation they will be displayed here:
- There are currently no Notices of Variation
To apply for a permit, please visit the Parking Shop - you will need to bring the following documents with you:
for a resident's permit:
- we require proof of residency in the form of a recent utility bill showing your address dated within the last 3 months or a bank statement dated within the last 3 months, unfortunately drivers licence and certificates of insurance are not accepted
- your vehicle's V5 log book
- and, if a valid Blue Badge holder, your valid Blue Badge (note: a first permit may be obtained free of charge if you do not already have access to a disabled bay)
For a non-resident permit:
- we require your vehicle's V5 log book.
- There may be a waiting list for permits in the zone you are applying for.
Adur waiting lists:
- there are no permit waiting lists in the Adur District
Worthing waiting lists:
Current lead times for residents' and non-residents' parking permits in Worthing:
Residents who have a valid season ticket for the Brighton Road residents' only car park are able to purchase books of visitor's tickets to allow their visitors to park in the Brighton Road residents' only car park.
Please contact the Parking Shop for details.
Visitors' parking permits can only be purchased by existing residents. Visitor permits are bought in books of ten, costing £3.50 for a book (35p per permit).
- Worthing Inner Zone CPZ - Zones A to C: Each visitor permit is valid for two hours
- Worthing Outer Zone CPZ - Zones D to N: Each visitor permit is valid for all day only when parked in a bay where the restrictions are 10am to 11am and 2pm to 3pm. When parking in a bay where the restrictions are 9am to 6pm then 1 permit is required every 2 hours
To purchase a book of visitor permits, the resident should visit the Parking Shop with proof of residency in the form of a recent utility bill showing your address dated within the last 3 months or a bank statement dated within the last 3 months, unfortunately drivers licence and certificates of insurance are not accepted
For further details please see:
Dispensation notices are issued to commercial vehicles and trades people such as plumbers, electricians and telephone engineers, allowing parking in free limited waiting bays (eg free parking for 1 hour, no return within 1 hour bays) and on yellow lines (not taxi ranks, disabled bays, bus stops or loading bays) at or near customer's properties.
Dispensation notices may typically be issued for legitimate works requiring the use of tools and equipment that cannot easily be removed from the vehicle or where the vehicle itself is needed in order to carry out a function e.g. as a mobile power source for other equipment.
These can be purchased at a current cost of £5 per day or £25 per 6-day week (as at 19/06/2014) and will have the name or names of roads/address being visited printed on them. They will be issued to commercial vehicles and vans but not to private vehicles, unless proof of commercial insurance for the vehicle can be provided.
Apply for a dispensation
Applications for either Adur or Worthing notices may be made in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice as long as the issuing authority is provided with all of the necessary details, e.g. location/duration of works/vehicle registration.
Advance applications must be made to the Parking Shop in Worthing.
Dispensations for Adur can also be purchased from The Shoreham Centre, Pond Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5WU. Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Debit or Credit Cards only.
The chief criterion in deciding whether a vehicle should be granted exemption is whether it is essential that the vehicle is left on-street (either in a parking bay or on yellow lines) close to a property in order to carry out a particular function.
The authority reserves the right to assess each application for exemption on its merits to determine whether an exemption is essential and therefore justified.
Window Cleaner badges are issued to window cleaners free of charge and are issued for legitimate window cleaning duties only.
Applications can be made by completing the relevant form below and either sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence of being a window cleaner or alternatively by sending the completed application with proof to Parking Services, Portland House, 44 Richmond Road, Worthing, BN11 1LF.
- Adur Window Cleaner Application Form - (to type into) (37KB)
- Adur Window Cleaner Application Form - (to hand write) (35KB)
- Worthing Window Cleaner Application Form - (to type into) (35KB)
- Worthing Window Cleaner Application Form - (to hand write) (42KB)
Contact Parking Shop (Adur car parks, and Adur and Worthing on-street)
Parking shop open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 4pm on Saturday.
Calling an 0345 number will cost exactly the same as a call to a standard landline number starting with 01 and 02. If you have 'free' minutes as part of your phone deal then calls to 0345 numbers will usually come out of that and there should be no additional charges on your bill.
Adur & Worthing Councils,
52 Chapel Road,