The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations
Released: Wednesday, 01 June 2022
We're celebrating Her Majesty The Queen becoming the first British monarch to reach a Platinum Jubilee, after she acceded to the throne on 6th February 1952.
We have all been treated to an extended bank holiday weekend and there are plenty of events taking place across Adur and Worthing to help residents celebrate.
The events being held in the region include:
- On Thursday 2nd June Platinum Jubilee beacons will be lit at 9:45pm at Lancing Beach Green and in Worthing by the lido. The ceremony will be attended by civic heads, Councillors and VIP guests. Town crier Bob Smytherman will make a proclamation at 2pm at Lancing beacon and 4:30pm in Worthing.
- Worthing Scouts are hosting a Platinum Jubilee Fun Day on 2nd June at Broadwater Green in Worthing. Expect 50 different stalls, live music and rides.
- A Jubilee concert and light show that celebrates popular music during the 70 years of the Queen's reign will be held on Friday 3rd June at Steyne Gardens. On the following evening (4th June) there will be an evening of classic film scores performed by Worthing Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Shoreham Vintage Fair takes place between 2nd and 5th June at Adur Recreation Ground and offers Adur residents an opportunity to celebrate together with entertainment, a Jubilee afternoon tea, stalls and an outdoor cinema.
- The Big Lunch campaign will see many communities taking the opportunity to come together to host a street party and celebration. Many Adur and Worthing residents have organised street parties in their own communities over the four-day weekend. Find out which roads will be closed.
- There will be a Jubilee picnic at Broadwater Green in Worthing on 3rd June from midday to 5pm with residents invited to bring their own picnics and enjoy live music and a fun fair.
For more information see:
Page last updated: 25 November 2022