Plans for Worthing Pier's Southern Pavilion Get The Go Ahead
Released: Monday, 09 November 2020
Worthing Pier's Art Deco Southern Pavilion is set to be brought back into use after plans for an extensive refurbishment got the go ahead.
Worthing Borough Council agreed a deal with the team that operates The Perch in Lancing to take over the lease on the landmark 1930s building last year.
Since then the new owners have spent time drawing up plans to revamp the interior of the building and create a new enlarged kitchen within the Grade II Listed pavilion.
With these proposals being approved by the Planning Committee last week, applicant Alex Hole hopes to reopen the building as soon as possible. He said:
“We now have a way forward. Naturally, this year has been full of hurdles, but we've still been working on this project. We still want this building to come back into life; we still want to invest; we still want this location to thrive.”
Cllr Kevin Jenkins, Worthing Borough Council's Executive Member for Regeneration, said:
“It's great to see this project taking another step forward, and despite overall challenges this year seeing the new owners, who also run The Perch on Lancing Beach still committed to giving this iconic building a new lease of life. We welcome the Southern Pavilion being rejuvenated, enhancing our seafront offering and the team who bring their passion, enthusiasm and skills to the area.”
Photo: The Art Deco Southern Pavilion on Worthing Pier
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Public Relations & Communications
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 01 March 2021