Taxi consultation goes live
Released: Wednesday, 14 November 2018
Taxi drivers, owners and the wider public are being invited to have their say on the standard of licensed vehicles across Adur and Worthing.
As part of an ongoing commitment to review its licence conditions, both Adur District and Worthing Borough Councils are consulting on their Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Handbooks.
The Handbooks - approved in Adur in January 2017 and Worthing in September 2016 - set out the standards required for vehicles and operators in the trade so that public safety and comfort of passengers is maintained.
As part part of the ongoing process to regularly review the handbooks, both Councils are now seeking comments from those in the trade as well as passengers and other stakeholders.
The handbook contains details on a range of issues, including:
- installation of CCTV cameras in vehicles
- availability of accessible vehicles for those with disabilities and mobility issues
- window tinting for passenger visibility
- roof and door signage for clear recognition
- vehicle specification, including the size of rear seats
Comments need to be received either by post or email by 30th November 2018.
Please clearly mark your comments Adur or Worthing respectively and forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Taxi Licensing Team, Adur & Worthing Councils, Portland House, Worthing, BN11 1HS.
Contact Public Relations & Communications
If you have any enquires please contact:
- 07909 688 132 - Mike Gilson
- 07342 066 216 - Tim Ridgway
- 07795 504 983 - Talia French
Public Relations & Communications,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,