Highdown Gardens Consultation
Released: Tuesday, 25 July 2017
Lovers of Highdown Gardens, Worthing's jewel-in-the-crown attraction, are being asked for their views on safeguarding its future.
Worthing Borough Council, which owns the gardens, is applying for a Heritage Lottery Fund grant of £900,000 to make improvements that will ensure it can be enjoyed for generations to come.
The Council has launched a survey of garden users to ensure the bid reflects their wishes and is asking for more views before the deadline of 14th August 2017.
Highdown has marked the 50th anniversary of the death of its founder Sir Frederick Stern and in February next year it will be 50 years since the council took over the running of the gardens for the enjoyment of the residents and visitors alike.
Head gardener, Gary Prescod, said:
“It is a perfect time to submit this lottery bid. The 50th anniversaries have already proved how important these gardens are to residents but it would be great to get even more views which will be used to support this bid.”
So far 300 people have responded to date which is fantastic says Gary but more are welcome. To join them simply click on the following link:
Contact Public Relations & Communications
Public Relations & Communications,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,