Our Stories, Your Councils
Released: Wednesday, 05 July 2017
Ten people who sum up the innovative and varied work of Adur & Worthing Councils will share their stories in a bid to inform the public about what they do.
As part of a pioneering new move, the team of staff will give weekly updates on the Councils' main social media platforms and website, giving an insight into the daily life of a public servant.
From managing a host of cultural venues to dealing with the street community or helping solve residents' problems, every aspect of the local authorities will be covered by the group.
The aim is to give the public a chance to hear first hand the day-to-day challenges faced by those delivering a range of services across Adur and Worthing and to help grow understanding of the roles and functions of Councils.
Each of the ten will regularly write posts which will appear on the Adur & Worthing Councils website and be publicised on the Councils' social media sites.
Mike Gilson, the Councils' Head of Communications, said:
"We want to show the human face of the Councils to help explain to citizens what we do.
“The breadth and depth of what we do often goes unrecognised. I think we picked a brilliant group to help tell our stories."
The full list is as follows:
- Amanda O'Reilly, Head of Culture
- Anthony Read, Community Park Ranger
- Gary Prescod, Head Gardener at Highdown Gardens
- Graham Cherrett, Senior Foreshore Inspector
- Jo Clarke, Communities and Third Sector Lead
- Judy Fox, Visitor Experience and Marketing Officer
- Matt Orton, Customer Contact Centre Officer
- Paul Willis, Waste Strategy Manager
- Sophie Whitehouse, Lead for Early Help and Wellbeing
- Tammy Waine, Families and Wellbeing Officer
The first blogs will appear on our website from Monday, 10th July 2017.
Photo: Eight of the Adur & Worthing Councils team who will be blogging about their roles - from the left: Graham Cherrett, Judy Fox, Matt Orton, Jo Clarke, Paul Willis, Sophie Whitehouse, Gary Prescod, and Tammy Waine
Contact Public Relations & Communications
Public Relations & Communications,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,