Worthing Executive Member for Regeneration
What does this Executive Member do?
Executive Member for Regeneration: Portfolio
Responsibility for the following delegated functions
- Economic strategy and development, including regeneration (visitor economy, tourism, business partnerships, concessions, events and/or projects to encourage or are likely to generate viable, sustainable economic gain)
- Education liaison.
- Transport planning and infrastructure.
- Planning policy, Local Development Plans, conservation areas and management plans, development briefs, infrastructure delivery plans.
- Building Control.
- Beach Huts and Chalets.
- Beach Maintenance.
- Foreshore management, including Worthing Pier.
- Coastal Protection.
- Health and safety and civil contingencies (Emergency Plan), including business continuity.
- Tourist Information Centres.
- Local Growth Master Plan.
- Coastal West Sussex.
Onward Limits on Delegations
The Executive Member for Regeneration may delegate to:
1. An officer.
Executive Representation on Outside Bodies
Greater Brighton Economic Joint Committee.
Coastal West Sussex Partnership Board.
Court of the University of Sussex.
Adur and Worthing Business Partnership.
Local Government Association - Coastal Issues - Special Interest Group Tourism South East.
Specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member
The specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member are set out in detail in Part 3 of the Worthing Borough Council Constitution.
Membership - Executive Member
Reports and Decisions
Contact Democratic Services
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,