Adur Executive Member for Environment
What does this Executive Member do?
Executive Member for Environment: Portfolio / Terms of Reference:
Responsibility for the following delegated functions:
- Waste collection and recycling.
- Street cleaning.
- Streetscene, including abandoned vehicles, bus shelters, enforcement, street names and numbering, road name plates, street furniture.
- Environmental management and strategy.
- Highways liaison.
- Cemeteries and burials.
- Parks and grounds maintenance, including allotments and dog control. Adur Watch.
- On and off street car parking.
- Public conveniences.
- Energy management and sustainability.
- Transport (maintenance).
- Cultural Projects and public entertainment events (not covered by the licensing functions, with a potential attendance of 500) to enhance the District's cultural offer to residents and visitors.
- Client for Adur Community Leisure Ltd and management of Adur Leisure facilities and sites.
- Foreshore management, including beach huts and chalets, beach maintenance.
Onward limits on delegations :
The Executive Member for Environment may delegate to:
- An officer.
Executive Representation on Outside Bodies:
PATROL Adjudication Joint Committee.
Specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member
The specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member are set out in detail in Part 3 of the Adur District Council Constitution.
Membership - Executive Member
Reports and Decisions
Contact Democratic Services
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,