Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

RSS Facebook Twitter LinkedIn 20x20 YouTube

What is Homeswap or Mutual Exchange

Homeswap or Mutual Exchange is where you swap your property with another tenant.

If you are already a tenant of a Council or a Housing Association, you may be able to swap your property. There are certain rules about swapping your home and you will not usually be allowed to do a mutual exchange if you have rent arrears. You will not usually be able to swap into a property that is too large for you and your family or too small.

You will need to register with a Homeswap scheme. This will enable you to register your details and look at details of other tenants who want to swap.

If you have found someone you want to swap with, you must have permission from your landlord. Therefore, please contact your Housing Officer for further details about what happens next.