I am going to be homeless
The Housing Services Team at Adur and Worthing helps people who are threatened with homelessness. The Housing Services Team will work with you to find a solution to your housing problem. Your situation will be fully assessed to see if it is possible for you to stay in your current home. However, if this is not possible, alternative solutions will be discussed with you.
Housing Services can offer you:
- Advice about your rights to remain in your current accommodation
- A home visit to your property to assess your housing situation
- Negotiation with your landlord, relatives or friends
- Assistance to claim appropriate benefits
- Realistic advice about your rehousing prospects if you are on the Housing Register
- Help to access alternative accommodation to rent
We recognise that homelessness results in disruption to you and your family and can be very stressful for you.
If you need accommodation in an emergency situation due to you becoming homeless, this often results in you having less choice about where you live and the accommodation provided can be very cramped with you having to live in one room rather than a flat or house.
Please take note that becoming homeless does not give you an overriding priority for social housing and does not fast track you into your own home.
If you are at risk of becoming homeless please contact us as soon as possible so we can assess your situation in detail.
Contact Housing: Options Team
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,