Making alterations and improvements to your home
Organising works to your home can be a daunting prospect and may lead to concerns about the quality of work and likelihood of complaint.
Planning what works you need to carry out and seeking advice at an early stage can limit the probable causes for complaint.
The following organisations and sources of information may help you plan and organise the works you wish to carry out to your home
Help and advice for older and disabled home owners
We work with Adur & Worthing Home Improvement Assistance, which is an in-house Home Improvement Service.
For more details see: Adur & Worthing Home Improvement Assistance
Organising the work yourself
- Home maintenance advice and information (96KB)
- Contracts and Documents for use in the Construction Industry on the Joint Contracts Tribunal website
Equity release is a way of raising money against the value of your home. It is vital to take independent financial advice before signing up to a scheme, to make sure you consider all the possibilities and implications.
- Money and legal advice - on the Age UK website
- 'Advice and information' - on the Equity Release Council website
- 'Customer Information Brochure' - on the Equity Release Council website
- 'Equity release FAQs' - on the Age UK website
- 'Equity release' - on the Money Advice Service website
- 'Raising Money from your Home (Equity release) Brochure' in the 'pensions and retirement' section - on the Money Helper website
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Page last updated: 26 August 2021