Get Up & Active - The Development of Wheelchair Racing in Sussex
Worthing & District Harriers is a community club with a proud tradition of promoting athletics to all ages and ability levels. It has had a Special Olympics Group for a number of years and in 2014 with support from Adur District and Worthing Borough Councils along with other partners it set up the wheelchair racing group.
- Worthing Leisure Centre, Shaftesbury Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 4ET
- Mondays: 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:30am to 10:30am
- Adults & Young People aged 10 and above
- Any individual with physical disabilities who can self-propel
- Any standard - no experience necessary
- Regular coached training sessions tailored to meet the athletes' objectives whether that is to keep fit using their day chair or to compete in wheelchair racing events from club to elite level. There are Club racing chairs available to borrow but individuals are welcome to use their own.
How to get in touch - Please contact:
- 07903 172646
- or email email@example.com
- See wheelchair training groups - see Worthing Harriers on Facebook