Coronavirus (COVID-19): Business Support
As of 29th March 2021 the government's Roadmap to easing National Lockdown restrictions began. As part of this process the government continues to support businesses in key sectors through grant funding to assist in reopening.
Grants currently live:
You may be interested in:
To be updated on further grant funding and business support please sign up to the following email alerts:
If you have any immediate queries please contact the Grants Team on:
In the 2021 Budget the Restart Grant was announced to support businesses reopening as part of the government's roadmap. Specific sectors have been identified to receive this support and the funds will be available to those businesses that offer in-person services, where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premise.
Grant funding is based on the rateable value of the business premise and broken down into the following sector strands:
Supporting non-essential retail premises with a one-off grant payment in line with the following thresholds:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £2,667
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £4,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive a payment of £6,000
Supporting hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym business premises with a one-off grant payment in line with the following thresholds:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £8,000
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £12,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive a payment of £18,000
Please check if you're eligible for the Restart Grant by reading:
The government has confirmed the registration deadline as 30th June 2021. Any registrations received after this date will not be processed.
Please note: From the 1st April 2021 businesses who are not eligible to claim for the Restart Grant will be prioritised.
Businesses that are struggling and are not covered by other grant schemes or where additional funding is needed can apply for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - Round 5. National guidance on the scheme can be found here:
Adur & Worthing Councils are delivering this funding in collaboration with other local Councils and will deliver the grant as part of the West Sussex Districts & Boroughs Additional Restrictions Discretionary Grant scheme.
Please note: This round of funding will close for applications on 30th June 2021. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis.
Please read the below guidance. These guidelines set out the eligibility under which organisations and businesses in West Sussex will qualify to make an application and the evidence required to support an application.
Check eligibility for the West Sussex Additional Restrictions Discretionary Grant Scheme:
- West Sussex District Council's Additional Restrictions Discretionary Grant Guidelines - April 2021 (643KB)
The Councils are anticipating an extremely high demand for these funds therefore we are unable to guarantee all applications will be successful. The decision of the grant panel is final and there is no appeals process.
|Grant Scheme Name||Status||Description||Priority Sectors||Business Rate |
30th June 2021
|Businesses that are in specified sectors identified for support||Non-Essential Retail||Yes||Up to £6,000|
30th June 2021
|Businesses that are in specified sectors identified for support||Hospitality, Accommodation, Leisure, Personal care and Gyms||Yes||
Up to £18,000
Grant - Round 5
Closes: 30th June 2021
|Business financially impacted||All Sectors||No||Up to £18,000
(up to £25,000
for exceptional circumstances)
Grants - closed:
These grants are no longer accepting applications:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed Addendum) to 31st March 2021
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed Addendum) to 15th February 2021
- Closed Business Lockdown Payment
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
- Wet-Led Pubs Grant (Christmas Support Payment)
A new 'support finder' tool to help businesses and self-employed people across the UK quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them during the coronavirus pandemic has been launched.
A simple questionnaire that takes business owners under a minute to complete directs them to relevant government financial support:
- Use the business support finder tool to find out what financial support is available for your business - on the GOV.UK website
- Financial support for businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) - on the GOV.UK website
We will update our website if further funding becomes available. In the interim other options for support that may benefit some businesses include:
HMRC Specialist Advice Line: 0800 024 1222 - open from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Business Support Helpline: Backed by the UK Government, the Business Support Helpline provides free, impartial business support and signposting services to businesses in England. For details of how to contact them see Business Support Helpline - on the GOV.UK website
ACAS Employers Advice Line: 0300 123 1100
Questions on International Trade & Coronavirus email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other sources of information include:
- Federation of Small Business
- Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce
- The Health & Safety Executive (HSE)