Following the Prime Minister's announcement on 4th January 2021, Adur and Worthing - along with the rest of England - have been placed in national lockdown.
You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a 'reasonable excuse' - such as shopping for essentials, going to work and attending education or childcare (for those eligible).
Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
For the latest information, advice and guidance please see:
- Food safety
- Health & Safety
- Infection control
- Record keeping
- Staying safe
Recycling and waste collections:
- Household waste
- Bulky waste
- Garden waste
- Confidential waste
West Sussex County Council:
- Care homes
- Vulnerable people
- Older people
We want to reassure residents that we are doing everything we can to keep on providing you with a range of essential services during this time. It means:
- We will strive to ensure all refuse and recycling collections will continue operating to schedule;
- Keeping parks and playgrounds open for people to walk and exercise in a responsible and socially distanced manner as per government guidelines
- continuing vital support services for rough sleepers and other vulnerable groups;
- Processing financial and other support to those who are told to self-isolate;
- Ensuring residents can contact us throughout the day online and on the phone
Adur & Worthing Councils: The local NHS and Adur & Worthing Councils are following government advice, adhering to guidance from Public Health England and the Department for Health & Social Care.