Business and Technical Services - Privacy Notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur & Worthing Councils (referred to it this document as 'we' or 'us') are the data controllers of your personal data for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation.
We are committed to collecting, using and protecting your personal data in an appropriate manner.
This privacy notice explains:
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- The type of personal data that we collect
- Explains when and why we will share personal data and with other organisations
- The rights and choices you have with the personal data that we hold about you
How, What and Why we collect your personal data
Personal Data will be collected if you fill in an online form, write in, email or phone us.
The types of information we collect will depend on the services you request or use.
It will probably include your name and address but could also include your bank account, bank sort code, telephone number and email address.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is operated in and around council properties (including some public toilets). The purpose of the CCTV is for crime prevention and detection. The footage is normally held for 30 days and may be shared with the police for crime prevention and detection purposes.
All this information, along with the nature of your agreement/interest in Council owned property, is collected, held and used for the purpose of managing the Councils assets.
We may share personal data with other organisations to facilitate maintenance and repairs.
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and in accordance with the Adur & Worthing Councils' disposal schedule.
Our legal bases for processing your personal data
- When you write to or call us - the legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulations - the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- When you work with us or concerning donated seats - the legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulations - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- If you are recorded by CCTV - the legal bases for processing your personal data are Article 6(1)(e) and Article 10 of the General Data Protection Regulations - processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller and processing of personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences or related security measures based on Article 6(1) shall be carried out only under the control of official authority or when the processing is authorised by Union or Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the rights and freedoms of data subjects. Any comprehensive register of criminal convictions shall be kept only under the control of official authority.
As the data subject you have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
To exercise your GDPR rights, Adur & Worthing Councils' Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
- Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
- Email: email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, or use your personal data
- Telephone Business and Technical Services Department on 01903 221471
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Business and Technical Services
Business and Technical Services,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,