Adur Homes Repairs - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Wednesday 26th August 2020:
Adur Homes continues to actively manage our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In line with government guidance at the time about the lockdown Adur Homes announced in March 2020 that only emergency repairs would be carried out.
An update on our position is provided. We have started work again already on urgent repair jobs and from 24th August 2020 start carrying out routine repairs again. We have jobs booked already into the middle of September 2020.
We have reviewed most of the routine jobs issued before the lockdown and made decisions about what to continue and what to cancel. You may find that unless a repair fell into the category of health and safety this work was either cancelled or pushed back.
As before the safety of our residents, staff and contractors remains our number one priority. Adur Homes will therefore continue to follow government guidance as it is issued and updated.
It is our intention to continue cleaning services, working with our contractors to ensure these important services are maintained. However, due to resource challenges in relation to Coronavirus (Covid-19) we will be looking to ensure that our Care and Support, Key Worker locations and touchpoints (handrails, doors, intercoms, etc) are prioritised for cleaning in the first instance.
If you are in one of the one of the groups identified by the government (including those aged over 70, and those aged under 70 with an underlying health condition) as being at increased risk of severe illness from Coronavirus, we will still carry out emergency repairs. We will ensure that staff are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment in order to protect themselves and the occupants of the property.
Given the current ongoing situation with Coronavirus, we request that any tenants or leaseholders requesting repairs, or who are due to have planned maintenance carried out on their property (such as gas servicing), to please notify Adur Homes if you are self-isolating or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Adur Homes is following government guidance and will continue to undertake servicing of gas appliances, however we will not access properties where tenants are in self isolation.
When reporting your repair please inform us if you or someone in your household is feeling unwell or you are self-isolating.
During this period when there may be reduced staffing levels, we are asking you to do some things differently:
- Please use the online repairs service to request a repair, rather than phoning us.
- If you, or someone in your household, is feeling unwell, or has symptoms (see NHS 111 website) or is self-isolating then please do not book non-emergency repairs.
- If you have an appointment and you or someone in your household is feeling unwell, or has symptoms, or is self-isolating, then please:
- telephone us on 01273 263030 (lines open: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- or email Repairs.Building.Services@adur-worthing.gov.uk
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment and have given us your mobile phone number, you will have received a text message confirming your appointment. The text message will contain a web link that can be used to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
It is important that we have adequate measures in place to protect our tenants, staff and contractors.
We continue to monitor the daily updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the government and the NHS as well as the advice from Public Health England and will update information on our website if there are any changes to the above.
Please follow the government guidance around Coronavirus (COVID-19). Guidance on how the UK is affected by Coronavirus (GOV.UK is updated daily) is the best source of reliable information).
See useful links below:
What are the symptoms - and stay at home (self-isolation) guidance:
The latest information from the UK government can be found on their website:
For the latest advice from the NHS on what the symptoms are and how to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus please see:
Guidance on social distancing:
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults
Below are links to trusted sources to help you stay informed about coronavirus COVID-19:
- Commonly asked questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) on the PHE section of the GOV.UK website
- 5 things you can do to protect yourself and your community
Thank you for understanding and for working with us to help reduce risks.
See also: Housing - Coronavirus advice and FAQs
In some instances, we may ask you to tell us if you are self-isolating or have been diagnosed with the virus. For example, if you are asking us, or one of our repairs contractors, to visit your property we will only use this information for the purposes of ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, contractors, and wider communities.
Our lawful conditions for processing this information are:
- We have a legal obligation to ensure the health and safety of our employees/contractors; and
- substantial public interest
We won't disclose this information to anyone else, unless it is necessary to do so, to comply with any of our legal obligations, or where there is a substantial public interest to do so. For example, we may have to approach Public Health England, or another relevant statutory body, for advice in some instances.
Please visit our full privacy notice to find out more information about how to exercise your rights or what to do if you have any concerns about the use of your data.