Shoreham Harbour Consultation
An important part of the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Project is consultation with stakeholders. These include local residents' and community groups, businesses and landowners.
- January to March 2013: Public consultation on the Draft Development Briefs
- November 2013 to January 2014: Public consultation on the Draft Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan
Between 28th January and 8th March 2013, Adur District Council and Brighton & Hove City Council consulted on Draft Development Briefs for:
- the Western Harbour Arm (in Adur)
- South Portslade Industrial Estate and Aldrington Basin (in Brighton & Hove)
These documents are available to download below:
- Development Brief for the Western Harbour Arm (10,157KB)
- Development Brief for South Portslade Industrial Estate and Aldrington Basin (12,277KB)
A Sustainability Appraisal (including Strategic Environmental Assessment) of each Development Brief was prepared in accordance with Section 39(2) of the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004. These documents aim to ensure the Development Briefs take account of environmental, social and economic issues. These documents were also subject to consultation between 28th January and 8th March 2013.
- Sustainability Appraisal (Western Harbour Arm) (2,461KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (South Portslade - Aldrington Basin) (2,444KB)
A Non-Technical Summary of the Sustainability Appraisals is also available:
Officers of the partner local authorities are now considering and responding to representations received during the consultation period. Once this is complete a Statement of Consultation will be prepared and available on the website.
Updated and revised Development Briefs will then be prepared and submitted to the appropriate council committees for approval.
Any of the following telephone numbers can be used to contact the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Team 01273 263177 or 263310 or 263243
Shoreham Harbour Regeneration,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Adur Civic Centre,