We occasionally carry adverts for volunteering opportunities. If we have any they will be listed here:
- Volunteering at Worthing Theatres - on the Worthing Theatres website
- Volunteer with Adur Festival - on the Adur Festival website
To find out more about about volunteering - see:
Independent Persons Vacancies
Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council are looking for 3 Independent Persons to provide advice to Elected Members and co-optees, the Joint Governance Committee and the Monitoring Officer on the Members Code of Conduct and how it applies.
Closing date: by 12 noon, on Thursday 15th September 2016
For full details see:
- Hours: 10 hrs weekly
- Based in: Adur District and Worthing Borough Area
- Closing date: 14th September 2016
- Interviews: will be held 26th to 30th September
Are you enthusiastic about young people's rights and making sure they are included in decisions that affect them?
Would you be willing to support young people across Adur and Worthing and help them develop the skills to enable them to participate in local democracy, support activities and projects they want to take forward?
If the answer is 'yes' then we are offering a unique opportunity for someone to support the work of the Adur & Worthing Youth Councils.
This is a rewarding position and gives the successful candidate a real chance to make a difference to both those involved in the Youth Council and the wider community in turn.
The Council are an elected body of dynamic young people aged between 12 to 19 who live, work or go to school in Adur or Worthing.
They need someone to help coordinate their activities, assist with their elections and provide a link between them and local authorities in the local area.
Elections for the Youth Council take place across Adur and Worthing in March where candidates are elected for a 3 year term.
The Youth Councils meet every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Town Hall, Worthing, 6:30pm to 8:30pm but also attend extra community meetings when needed.
For more information about the role please see the attached job description:
or for an informal chat please call:
- Mel Shaw on 01273 263074
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
We occasionally carry adverts for outside organisations. If we have any they will be listed here, otherwise this section will be blank.
Part Time Community Fundraiser
Worthing Churches Homeless Projects
- Salary £15,706 per annum (£23,559 FTE)
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- have ability to manage and plan own workload as well as meeting deadlines and targets is essential
- have good IT Skills
- have experience within a fundraising environment
Closing date: Wednesday, 31st August 2016
Interviews: Wednesday, 7th September 2016
For more information, job description, person specification and details on how to apply (or if you just want to chat to someone about the post) please see the full details on:
Please note that our leisure centres in Adur are run by Impulse Leisure, and in Worthing are run by South Downs Leisure:
Adur & Worthing Councils can be found in the 'south eastern corner edge' of the area covered by West Sussex County Council, which is based in Chichester (about 20 miles west of Worthing).
East Sussex County Council is the neighbouring county and it is based in Lewes (about 15 miles east of Adur).
Brighton & Hove City Council immediately abuts to the east of the Adur District.
(see also map of councils below)
West Sussex County Council jobs and
teaching job vacancies
For details of West Sussex County Council (WSCC) jobs, including teaching, social services & caring services, and fire & rescue services vacancies, please refer to the:
East Sussex County Council jobs and
teaching job vacancies
For more information about East Sussex County Council (ESCC) jobs and also teaching and teaching job vacancies in East Sussex please refer to the:
- East Sussex County Council website - job vacancies (including teaching jobs)
- East Sussex County Council czone website - job vacancies
Brighton & Hove City Council (unitary)
jobs and teaching job vacancies
For more information about Brighton & Hove City jobs and also teaching and teaching job vacancies in Brighton and Hove please refer to the:
- Brighton & Hove City Council's jobs webpage
(teaching jobs are listed under 'schools' in their job search section)
Job vacancies may be available in our neighbouring local authorities:
- To the east of Adur & Worthing: Brighton & Hove City Council's jobs webpage
- To the north of Adur & Worthing: Horsham Council's jobs webpage
- To the north-east of Adur & Worthing Mid-Sussex District Council's jobs webpage (for all Revenues and Benefits posts)
- To the west of Adur & Worthing Arun District Council's jobs webpage
- Other councils in East Sussex:
(go back to County Council jobs and teaching vacancies)
- University of Sussex (based at Falmer, Brighton)
- University of Sussex - Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- University of Brighton
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) - Universities of Sussex & Brighton
- University of Chichester
- Lancing College - vacancies
- City College Brighton
- Northbrook College, Worthing
- Worthing College
- Plumpton College
- Chichester College
For information about jobs in other regional or national universities and colleges see also the following external websites:
- Universities in England - Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Universities in Wales - Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW)
- Universities in Scotland - Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- Jobs.ac.uk (academic, research, science and related professions)
- The Open University
It can be hard to know where to start when you are looking for a new job. Whether you want to try a different career or are just looking for a change, here is a list of useful web resources to help you begin your search.
Other external job websites or information and advice sites are listed below :
Police job vacancies on external websites:
- Sussex Police recruitment
- British Transport Police (BTP) recruitment
- Metropolitan Police (The Met) recruitment
Fire Brigade job vacancies on external websites:
NHS job vacancies on external websites:
Other external job vacancy websites:
- The Guardian newspaper - Jobs - particularly popular for vacancies in education, social care, government and charities
- Jobs Go Public - Public sector jobs and careers
- Local Government Association (LGA) job search
- Local Government Jobs (IDeA)
- Public Sector Careers
- LocalGov - UK Local Government jobs
- Civil Service Jobs
- gov.uk Jobseekers: the government's jobs site
- Wired Sussex: specialises in IT vacancies in Sussex
- See also our Jobcentre Plus webpage
Advice for younger people
Applying for a job
- BBC One Life: advice on work experience
- Advice on looking for work on the gov.uk website: including tips on writing applications and help with job interviews
- What benefits you are entitled to and how to claim - on the gov.uk website
- Inland Revenue / HMRC: Tax credits calculator on-line - on the gov.uk website
- BBC One Life: Careers advice
- The Mix: Advice on careers and how to apply for jobs - comprehensive advice
- gov.uk: Careers helpline for teenagers
- Barclays Life Skills website
- BUNAC: Short-term work abroad: Work and Volunteer programmes abroad for students and young people
- Overseas Jobs: International employment opportunities: sections on teen work permits and internships
Contact Human Resources
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
Contact Job application forms
Job application forms,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,