Adur District residents: Benefits for Adur residents are administered by the CenSus Partnership.
Worthing Borough residents: Benefits for Worthing residents are administered by Worthing Borough Council - please refer to the information below.
How long does the claim last?
Once a claim has been started it will continue until entitlement to benefit stops. However, customers must advise the Council about any change in their circumstances that may affect their entitlement to benefit.
For more information on what to do if you have a change in circumstances please read the change of details section.
Another claim form may need to be completed for some changes in circumstances, for example:
- A customer moves address
- A customer's partner moves in, or a customer and partner separate
- A customer's entitlement to Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, income-related Employment & Support Allowance or Guaranteed Pension Credit comes to an end
This is because information about the customer's new circumstances is required before benefit entitlement can be re-assessed.
Ending a claim
The Council will bring a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit/Support to an end where:
- The customer passes away
- The customer's liability to pay rent or Council Tax ends
- The customer moves out of the Worthing area
- The customer asks us to cancel their claim by contacting us
The customer or partner may make a new claim straight away by completing another claim form and providing information and documents about their new circumstances.
During the life of the claim there may be an 'intervention' initiated by the Council. This may take the form of:
- A visit to the customer by a Council officer; or
- A written request for confirmation of the customer's current circumstances; or
- A telephone call to confirm the customer's current details
This 'intervention' must be completed and any information or documentation that is requested must be supplied. If this doesn't happen, the claim may be suspended or cancelled.
These benefits contact details are for Worthing residents only. Adur residents should use the CenSus Partnership's website for benefits information. To find out whether you are an Adur or Worthing resident, please set your location.
Adur & Worthing Councils,
PO Box 5000,
Worthing Town Hall,
These benefits contact details are for Adur residents only.
CenSus Revenues and Benefits Services,
PO Box 505,